|Pam and Dianne, (Pam's sister) helped by handing up the roofing tiles.|
Sunday, August 7, 2011
|Bua and Alm leading us in song as we worship on Sunday morning|
|We had visitors this month, Pam's sister Dianne Wiley and Dianne's granddaughter Ashley came to work and to visit us. Ashley helped me with the children's class on Sunday morning.|
|The saa paper group have been very busy carrying out orders for local companies this summer. Dianne, Ashley and I came to help out several times a week during their visit.|
Sunday, June 26, 2011
|Sunday morning the 26th of June, 2011 was a beautiful overcast morning. I will share a bit of the beauty in the next few pictures|
|Our budding orchard, on the other side of the pond. (not the coconut trees in the background)|
|The drops of water on the lily pads were like diamonds|
|June 26th at our worship service. Prayer request time.|
|worshiping the Lord together|
|After the service, we eat lunch and hang out together , here are some of our "hanging out" pictures|
Our first duplex is almost finished! We need to add electricity and put in water.
We are pleased with the way our duplex is looking!
the living area
Jerry checking the building site
|cute baby frogs|
|over 700 frogs in the pond at this time, and more coming!|
|winding down our time together, feeding the frogs their lunch|
|full of frogs|
|after the rain, the water drops on the lily pads were beautiful|
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
- Our baby frogs are growing bigger and stronger each day
- A view of the duplex from the ministry center
- Ahm on the left is an orphan who has been coming to our services since she was about 4 years old. On the right is a friend of Ahm's who has been attending our services with Ahm, after first coming to a youth retreat put on by our youth.
- Muay, on the left, is a local girl from the village who loves to help the saa paper group. She comes to the services on Sunday when she does not have to go to the temple. Ning, one of our youth, is helping Muay with her homework after the services.
- Ahn has been attending the services with his friend Nat, who is one of our orphans. Ahn enjoys soccer and plays on his school team. He went to an English camp and heard a sermon, and wants to be a Christian.
- Boy, with a bandage on his head, is another orphan whom has been coming since he was small. He and his buddies come and hang out. Bua, our youth pastor is trying to develop a good relationship with the boys.
- This is the progress of the house a week ago. It has now been painted. I will update you next week !! Next we will put the bench around the tree in the center of our drive.
- A local family looking for a church home has been attending for the past few weeks. Also the friends our youth are inviting has helped bring our numbers up the past few weeks. We are happy to have these new folks worship with us!
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Progress on the first duplex house.
- The rain has slowed us down a bit, but it is coming along nicely!
- The floor is done, getting ready to put on the roofing
- Looking out over the pond
- From the road looking in.... our orchard and banana grove is doing great! The rain has been great for the plants!
The uninvited guest
- Ohm teaching Eurn how to play some of our songs.
- Doe-Doe, one of the orphans who comes every Sunday. He is being raised by his grandmother.
- Nat is being raised by her aunt, and is now very active in the youth group.
- Ning and Noi are active members in the youth program, and are daughters of our Thai co-workers.